Skip to main content

Match Report


Posted Sun 13 Dec 15 at 18:07 PM


TORQUAY United and Chesham United played out a goalless draw in the first round of the FA Trophy at The Launa Windows Stadium.

It was United who started on the front-foot with an inviting cross from Tyrone Marsh just evading Louis Briscoe at the far post.

The next raid saw a role-reversal as Briscoe played through Marsh, who was caught just offside.

After Aman Verma headed just over, Courtney Richards took a knock that required treatment  and eventually saw him forced to leave the field with Simon Heslop taking his place in the engine room.

As the visitors started to come into the game, Ryan Blake went close following a series of corners.

There was a booking for Briscoe following a foul. It wasn’t long before Briscoe saw a strike blocked following an inviting ball from Dan Butler.

With the clock ticking down in the opening period, Andre Wright went close for United before Toby Little’s strike flashed wide for the visitors.

There was a competitive edge to the proceedings as Wright became the latest player to see yellow. 

A smart save from Dan Lavercombe denied Martin as Chesham ended the first half strongly.

With the scoreline locked at 0-0 going into the break, an early counter-attack after the restart from United saw Wright feed Verma who in turn picked out Briscoe and his low cross picked out Verma who had continued his run but he failed to fit the target.

Shepherd Murombedzi replaced Briscoe before United created a couple of good chances as firstly Verma headed over and then player-manager, Kevin Nicholson, saw an effort blocked.

There was a senior debut for Sean Finch as he replaced Wright. Soon afterwards we had a shout for a penalty as Butler appeared to be pulled down as he attacked a cross into the area.

The veteran Barry Hayles went close for the visitors as Heslop was booked for a foul late on.

Right at the death, Lavercombe saved the day for United when he did superbly well to deny Dave Pearce with a finger-tip save that means we replay on Tuesday evening at The Meadow.

    Latest Match Reports