Away Fan Guide by Sam Turner
Dartford Away Guide
Torquay United, currently sitting 3rd in the National League South, travel to Kent to face Dartford on Tuesday night as they look to continue their charge towards the top of the league. United are still unbeaten in the league since Gary Johnson took over and are only 1 point off of Welling United who sit in 1st. Time to look at the town of Dartford for all you dedicated travelling away fans.
Location: 18 miles (29km) south east of Central London. 218 miles (351km) from Plainmoor. It’s a long drive from Torquay as it will take around 4 and a ¼ hours.
Population: 103,892 (population for the Borough of Dartford, 2015 ONS Census)
– The first people appeared in Dartford around 250,000 years ago.
– During medieval times Dartford was an important waypoint for pilgrims en-route to Canterbury and Europe, various religious orders established themselves there.
– Dartford manor, in the 12th century, was under the control of the Knights Templar.
– Dartford was likely to have been a key meeting point for rebels in the Peasant’s Revolt of 1381.
– King Henry VIII built a Royal manor in the town where he was known to have held meetings with his council.
– Dartford FC’s Princes Park is one of the most environmentally friendly grounds in the UK.
Directions to the ground:
ADDRESS – Darenth Road, Dartford, DA1 1RT
(directions courtesy of www.footballgroundguide.com)
From the North:
After going over the Dartford Crossing (which costs £2 per car), leave the motorway at Junction 1b and take the left hand slip road for A225 Dartford. At the roundabout at the end of the slip road above the motorway turn right the Esso garage onto the A225 towards Dartford. Go straight across the next roundabout, passing a BP garage on the right. At the next set of traffic lights turn left into Darenth Road and then take the second left into Grassbanks for the stadium.
From the South:
Leave the M25 at Junction 2 (signposted A2/Dartford A225). At the roundabout below the roundabout take the Dartford A225 exit. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit by the Esso garage onto the A225 towards Dartford. Go straight across the next roundabout, passing a BP garage on the right. At the next set of traffic lights turn left into Darenth Road and then take the second left into Grassbanks for the stadium.
There is a car park at the stadium which has 300 spaces and is free. If this is full then there is the Orchards Shopping Centre Car Park, which charges £2 for 3-4 hours.
Dartford FC Vs Torquay United | 04/12/18 | 7:45pm KO | For our match preview click here.