Dagenham & Redbridge 1

Okenabirhie pen 90+1

United 0

United conceded a penalty in added on time in the second half to leave Victoria Road in defeat. Defender Sean McGinty was penalised for holding Craig Robson in the penalty area as United defended a corner.

It wasn’t what United deserved. They looked assured of coming away from the game with at least a point in a match where both sides spurned great chances.

Gary Owers was able to give fit again full-back Liam Davis his first start of the season. The left-back has endured a torrid start to his United career so far and he will be pleased to have finally been able to pull on the TUFC shirt for the first time.

United started the game well. They looked more composed than Dagenham in the early stages without causing much of a threat.

Slowly, the attacking threats of Bloomfield, Whitely, and Ferrier started to create for the Daggers.

Liam Davis and Corey Whitely had a great battle on the wing, with Davis more than often coming out the winner.

Dagenham had the better of the first half without really opening United up.

Towards the end of the first half, United found a little more possession and were a little braver on the ball. Dagenham stayed compact, but United delivered more of a threat up front.

Jamie Reid got loose in the 40th minute but his low ball aimed to meet the run of Josh McQuoid was also tracked by Dagenham captain Scott Doe.

Just before half-time United had the best opportunity of the match. Again, Jamie Reid got loose on the right and his low cross eluded the run of Murphy but landed to McQuoid who had time and space and with just Cousins to beat. Unfortunately, he snatched at the chance and sent the ball over the bar.

Unite created another great chance in the 64th minute. Josh McQuoid got beyond his many in the box to send a low ball across the six-yard box. Murphy lunged at the ball but missed it by inches.

Dagenham were guilty of a terrible miss in the 70th minute. It was a near copycat of United’s in the first half. Okenabirhie collected a low ball inside the box after everyone else had missed it. He screwed a shot wide of the near post.

Jamie Reid was back in the action just a few minutes later. He struck a fantastic volley that would have beaten Cousins with a little more pace. The ‘keeper leapt to his left and a strong hand stopped it crossing the line.

McQuoid got behind the Daggers’ backline to send the ball across the six-yard box. Rhys Murphy was inches away from connecting but it wasn’t to be.

The Daggers had the last say. Referee Carl Brook judged that Sean McGinty held Craig Robson back from meeting the ball after it had eluded everyone at the near post. He pointed to the spot and Okenabirhie put the ball through the middle and past Vincent Dorel.

Thank you to the 171 members of the Yellow Army that supported the team.

Dagenham & Redbridge: 30 Mark Cousins, 2 Ben Nunn, 4 Scott Doe ©, 5 Craig Robson, 6 Matt Robinson, 10 Morgan Ferrier, 17 Andre Boucaud, 19 Sam Ling, 24 Mason Bloomfield (12 Elliott Romain 65′), 25 Corey Whitely, 29 Jake Howells (11 Okenabirhie 65′) Subs Not Used: 8 Charlee Adams, 13 Lewis Moore, 18 Kevin Lokko

Bookings: Rhys Murphy, Sean McGinty, Josh McQuoid

United (4-3-3): 30 Vincent Dorel, 3 Liam Davis, 4 Damon Lathrope, 5 Sean McGinty, 6 Josh Gowling, 8 Luke Young, 12 Callum Evans, 13 Josh McQuoid, 19 Jamie Reid, 23 Ryan Higgins, 39 Rhys Murphy (10 Ruairi Keating 85’) Subs Not Used: 20 Neal Osborne, 2 Michee Efete, 17 James Gray, 27 Jennison Myrie-Williams


Referee: Mr C Brook